Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone use the foot bath?
- The Ionic Foot Bath should not be used by individuals who are epileptic, hemophiliacs, or those with a pacemaker, implanted organs, or on blood thinners. It should also not be used by children under the age of 18, or during pregnancy or lactation. There may be other situations in which you should not use this unit. Please consult your health care provider if you are uncertain.
Is this an approved FDA product?
- Detox Foot baths have not, nor has the technology of Detox Foot Baths been evaluated or approved by the (FDA) Food and Drug Administration. Therefore, these statements contained herein are for informational purposes only.
Is there a warranty?
- Warranty of Array and Detox Machines :Our arrays and detox machines carry a (90) day warranty to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship from the date of receipt. Customers are responsible for shipping cost after 30 days. A receipt or proof of payment is required. Warranty does not cover normal wear of replaceable elements. Damage due to abuse is not covered.
Is this a medical device, can it cure or treat my illness?
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Mydetoxfootbath.com makes no medical claims and makes no statements of validation. Always consult with your professional Health Care provider before beginning any health care regiment.
Why does the water change color without feet in the water?
- If you operate the foot bath without your feet in the water, it will turn the water different colors, yellow to orange to brown because the element usage, minerals, and other impurities in the tap water will precipitate out. However; you can see the difference between this and a footbath session. Please note that if the tap water is particularly impure, the difference in water color between feet and no feet will be less noticeable, just like adding a handful of dirt to already dirty water. The fact that the water changes color is evidence that the array is working properly.
How often can I do my sessions
- Between the ages of 10 and 65, every other day not to exceed 3 times per week.
- Under 10 and over 65 the recommendation is no more than twice a week.
Why can’t I do daily sessions?
- Daily treatments may create a healing crisis as the body naturally eliminates toxins. It may make you feel excessive fatigue.
How does my body detoxify in the water?
- An energized and balanced body will naturally be able to detoxify at a higher rate.
Why does the water color change?
- It is due to the interaction of the metals from the array, sea salt, and minerals and impurities contained in the water along with the individuals contribution, creating an ionic field with the water.?
- The water will change color regardless of whether you have an individual?s feet in the water or not, because the metallurgic reaction of the array and the polarization of the solids and minerals in the water. However; there will normally be 2-3 times the cellular debris within the water when the session is combined with a individual.
Why does the water color vary from treatment to treatment?
- Variations occur due to each individual’s energy state and toxicity levels as toxins are re-ionized at the molecular level and react with the metals of the array.
Can I touch the array during treatment?
- Absolutely, this will not alter the session in any way.
- WARNING:Never operate any other electrical or electronic devices while you are undergoing your footbath sessions.
Can I use the FootBath while taking prescription drugs?
- Most doctor prescribed medications will not be affected by use of the footbath, but the decision is best left up to you and your physician. We recommend consulting your physician prior to use.?
Should I remove my jewelry?
- Any Jewelry that will be in the water should be removed.
Is it safe people who have metal plates in their body?
- It is best to speak with your health care provider regarding your concerns with metal implants. The other concerns are noted in our disclaimer.
Why do some people feel tired after a treatment?
- Some people may experience fatigue as the body’s detoxification process accelerates itself. This will balance itself as the body expels the toxins naturally and regenerates itself.
What is the function of the array?
- The array is the conductive transfer unit of the direct current into the water which generates the ionic field.
What are the bubbles coming from the array?
- The bubbles are the separation of the hydrogen and oxygen in the water as the ionic field is being created.
How do I preserve and clean the array?
- Initially you can rinse your array with very warm water and pat dry with a towel. However, as the elements become pitted from use, it may be put into the dishwater or follow the next step below.
- Dip the array in a solution mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 quarts warm water for a couple of minutes. Then brush the array to remove access particles and rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
- If you are using the footbath in a professional setting we would recommend the use of a good disinfectant cleaner rather than the steps noted above.
How long will the array last?
- If the array itself is properly cared for, it will last 20-30 sessions. The generating rods in the array will eventually lose their effectiveness after approximately 20-30 sessions. They will eventually lose their conductive properties and will need to be replaced.
- You can purchased a new set of arrays from us.
How can I tell when to replace the arrays?
- The array pods will be noticeably deteriorated after numerous sessions. You will be able to tell when the water does not change color as it should.
Why do my feet tingle?
- It is normal to feel a slight tingling sensation during a session, but if you experience uncomfortable tingling or itching this is an indication there is too much salt in the water. Try using less salt on your next session. Too much salt will not alter the effects of the session, however; increasing the salt also increases the amperage of the current. To much salt can result in overheating the power unit causing it to shut down. The power supply will not resume operation until it has fully cooled down usually in about 25 minutes. As per the operating instructions you should begin with 4 1/2 to 5 inches of water and start with 1 scoop of salt. If you prefer you can increase the amount of salt but not to exceed 2 scoops. After you have operated the system several times you will know how to set it up for each use.
- We recommend using permanent marker to mark the water level at 4 1/2 to 5 inches if you are using a tub that is not already marked. This will ensure the same results with each use with the same amount of water and salt added. Check your manual for updated chart information regarding tub sizes, amount of salt to use, and water conditions.
Does this create negative and positive ions?
- Yes it does, due to the chemical composition of water. It creates equal amounts of negative and positive ions. It is not possible to create a negative ion without also creating a positive ion simultaneously. Is is the negative ions which are beneficial.
Do your units alternate polarity like most of the higher cost units?
- Yes our units do not alternate from positive to negative. All our units produce positive and negative ions in equal quantities, at the same time.
What happens if the array element tips over in the water?
Do you make these units yourself? Also, is it easy to shock oneself on them?
- No, we do manufacture these products.
- No, it is not easy to shock oneself on them. You can in fact touch the array with your hands or feet while it is in operation and not feel any more than a slight tingle at most.
- If the product is used as directed, there is no danger.
Does the unit have an automatic timer to shut off like other units?
- Yes, some of the units have a 30 minute shut off timer.
Do you offer wholesale pricing if I wanted to buy in a quantity of 10-20 pcs.?
- The volume wouldn’t be a problem, we do have a Dealership Agreement for anyone interested in selling our products, please contact email@example.com